Tsunami Watch for Hawaii & Alaska (Japan)! CANCLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys be very safe, whatever happens or doesn't.

Well we got a call from the office to be prepared....so, I'm getting prepared :wink:

It was really bad seeing all the problems the tourists had when we had the earthquake a while back. They had no water or food. With the electricity out, the restaurants were closed, stores were taking people in one at a time to buy water. The least you should do is get some cash in case the electricity should go out...CC will be of no use....

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SKPB_enUS205US205&q=tsunami

Be safe Leesa. Get Roger to keep you company! :wink:

On the news they just said the effect should be minimal....that's good news.

Thank you Kim :10:

Just announced that the Pacific Warning Center has announced a 10cm tsunami. Is that really a tsunami

Leesa types faster; as if who doesn't.

TV says the tsunami warning has been cancelled. But, the surfers will be happy. HIGH waves coming.

But, you know, none of the precipitation this week had to be shoveled. None of the water could be walked on. And...I've gotten to meet some more SB people with a promise of more to come. Can life be any better??

lol :D The last one, if I remember right, was a foot and a half. The people that witnessed it said that it was just strange how high the water came up the beach...

Rather have 10cm than 10m for sure.

Sorry I'm gonna miss seeing you, maybe next time around! don't forget to give Roger a call :wink:

justleesa:
lol :D The last one, if I remember right, was a foot and a half. The people that witnessed it said that it was just strange how high the water came up the beach...

Rather have 10cm than 10m for sure.

Sorry I'm gonna miss seeing you, maybe next time around! don't forget to give Roger a call :wink:

OOPS! I just looked for the paper I wrote it on. It is nowhere to be found. Could you PM me with it?

Here are some photos of the minor Tsuname Nov 15th that are on the website of Maui radio station KPOA. As you can see, a tiny tsunami looks like a really rapid change in tide level.

I though about trying to get some photos of the tsunami last night, but couldn't work up enough ambition to get up at 12:30AM.

Charlie Allen

gallery_covepark_3.jpg

gallery_covepark_2.jpg

gallery_covepark_1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom