TSA Frustrations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
It can be a lot more than that; generally a function of how badly the agent needs to demonstrate his/her great authority.

I've encountered some real studs.

My last trip through ATL I encountered one as well.

It can be a lot more than that; generally a function of how badly the agent needs to demonstrate his/her great authority.

I've encountered some real studs.
Maybe they don't care to pick on us old folks.

My last trip through ATL I encountered one as well.
I guess I've just been lucky. That, and I'm always cheerfully compliant with whatever a TSA agent asks me to do. I realize that they have a lot more power to ruin my day than I have to ruin theirs.

I guess I've just been lucky. That, and I'm always cheerfully compliant with whatever a TSA agent asks me to do. I realize that they have a lot more power to ruin my day than I have to ruin theirs.

Which is a huge part of the problem, zero accountability. The whole agency needs to be abolished, with it being replaced with a smaller agency that just regulates and tests the private contractors hired by the airports to do the screening.

Which is a huge part of the problem, zero accountability. The whole agency needs to be abolished, with it being replaced with a smaller agency that just regulates and tests the private contractors hired by the airports to do the screening.
Yeah, well, maybe, but since it's not up to me to change it I'll cheerfully deal with it the way it is because I just want to get through it as painlessly as possible for me, the agent, and everyone behind me in line.

I'll never forget the time I was passing through MIA, probably on a dive trip, and so wearing shorts and t-shirt, etc. After the TSA agent had me remove my belt, I had to keep pulling up the waist of my shorts to keep them from slipping down. The TSA agent directed me, still gripping my waistband, into the scanner and instructed me to raise my arms, which of course caused the shorts to start slipping down. The TSA agent barked "PULL YOUR PANTS UP," as though I were sporting hip-hop fashion--I'm in my 50s--and he and another agent had a good laugh at their accomplishment. I lost my ability to be "cheerfully compliant" after that. Some of them can be cruel jerks.

Reactions: Doc
That, and I'm always cheerfully compliant with whatever a TSA agent asks me to do.
Always the best approach.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom