Trying to plan trip to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been looking for a trip to Belize around September 08. The only problem I have is trying to plan a week long vacation for 3 divers and three non-divers and not going to a resort or other place that leaves the 3 non-divers with nothing to do. I quess I am looking for some or your input on where to stay. We are going to stay for 7-8 days and since I am paying for two people I don't want to break the bank. I have been looking at the SunBreeze - Ambergris Caye. Thanks for the help

what do your non-divers like to do? here is a newer place in Belize. offers much better diving that you'd get out of Ambergris. also, close enough to the city that the non-divers could do day trips to mayan ruins, cave tubing, zip-lining, etc... I went back in May (diving only) and it was a great trip. I had some friends go in August and do day trips in-land and then 3 or 4 days of diving and they had a blast too.

Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge on a private island in Belize

good luck!

Thank you for that info it looks really good. All of the non-divers in the group are women. I will assume they will want to shop. Everyone does want to do most of the things you mentioned. Are the zip lines through the jungle? All of us are interested in learning about the ruins and life in Belize. How far away is Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge from the city? Also are there any thing we need to watch out for in the city? I know its alot of questions but peoples' personal opinions are more valuable than what websites say they offer, Thanks for the help

the caye is about a 15 minute minjute boat ride from the city, so it is very easy to do the day trips. yes, the zip lines are through the jungle. I didn't do them, but the pictures my friends took were awesome. Hugh Parkey's uses the docks at the Raddisson Fort George hotel, which is walking distance to the tourism village where lots of shopping can be done. as for the city, I would say that it isn't why people come to Belize, but it also isn't as bad as everyone says. it is good for overnighting, as long as you stay close to the tourism village. good luck.

Hi.

I haven't stayed at Hugh Parkley's place but I have been to Belize city and all over the rest of belize too. I would NOT recommend having the ladies spend their time shopping at the tourist village or really hanging out in Belize City. There are SO many wonderful places in Belize and BC isn't really one of them. With your mixed group, Ambergris Caye may be the way to go--lots of different kind of lodging. Lots of different kinds of tours, beaches (although the beaches in Belize aren't huge expansive beaches), some shopping, lots of different kinds of restaurants and bars. We stayed at Banana Beach and liked it there, but there are tons of other places too. Another option is to do diving part of the trip and do a jungle lodge part of the trip--this is a lot of fun and if you can't decide (like me)--you do beach things (snorkel, lounge, imbibe drinks with little umbrellas) at the beach and jungle things in the jungle (ruins, waterfalls, hiking, ziplines, etc). Good luck.

I too would not recommend Belize City. In fact, I would highly recommend that you consider SunBreeze Hotel. Aqua Dives Belize is the onsite dive operator and they offer all sorts of activities for divers and non-divers. The inland tours are great options to consider. Aqua Dives is one of Belize's largest dive operation and I guarantee that they can help you have an ultimate experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom