Truk Lagoon with Odyssey - support for sidemount tec divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidemounting_DFK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings,

I am planning a trip to Truk with the Odyssey Liveaboard later this year in December. I am wondering if the liveaboard supports sidemount divers for deco diving? Additionally, do I need to pay extra for extra stage/deco cylinders?

What's the average run time that they will allow you for each dive?

yes they do. tanks are not charged extra (standard al80s and al40s) but you need to bring your own rigging.

run times are not restricted, but if you try to do like 4 hours of deco, they will ask you to keep it within reason so they can keep to the schedule unless if a double dip is planned or you are on a charter that is setting a custom itinerary

yes they do. tanks are not charged extra (standard al80s and al40s) but you need to bring your own rigging.

run times are not restricted, but if you try to do like 4 hours of deco, they will ask you to keep it within reason so they can keep to the schedule unless if a double dip is planned or you are on a charter that is setting a custom itinerary

Thanks runsongas
Amazing! Love it when they can happily accommodate tech divers. Haha definitely not doing 4hour deco, but would like to extend my diving beyond rec diving a bit if possible given this place is so hard to get to.

People who I am going to this liveaboard with are all rec diver (from the dive shop), I was hoping I can find a likeminded tech buddy on board, do you reckon it’s going to be possible?

is your shop chartering the boat? generally you won't get randoms in that case so it would have to be someone through your LDS. the guides will only do a limited amount of deco, so the deeper wrecks you will be planning and carrying out your own dives. part of the problem is helium is crazy expensive in Chuuk and you will need to plan on something like 6 dollars a cf.

Reactions: Roi

Back
Top Bottom