trouble equalizing in full face mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello:

Anyone have trouble equalizing in neptune masks?
I've adjusted the plugs many times and am considering
carving them up a little to fit into my nostrils better. Any advice??

bmuise@indiana.edu

A little different than other masks to get used to, depending on the shape of your nose you may want to try spacing the plugs wider and pushing the plugs down from above to close off your nose...

Another method you could try is attaching a cord from post to post and glueing on a flat neoprene cushion to try...

If you do not want to do this or have tried it already then carve away, the plugs are fairly cheap to replace...

If all else fails then you may want to demo a couple different types of FFM out there, maybe one that allows you to squeeze through the mask instead of having to use a nose block style device...

Let me know if you find something effective,

Jeff Lane

I have the Poseidon Atmosphere FFM and have no problems equalizing it. On mine there is a noseblock type piece that you push block your nostrils and equalizing is extremely easy. I looked at the Neptune when considering a ffm but after narrowing my search to the Posiedon or AGA's I did not go into more depth on the Neptune.

I owned a Neptune FFM for a short time, I had a difficult time adjusting the plugs. I finally moved them up as far as possible and was able to clear okay. The only problem was the plugs were so close that it seemed to block my nose. I sold the Neptune and bought an AGA, the "V" block works much better for me and it's way easier to adjust. My dive buddy loves his Neptune and has no problems clearing.

Take a look at the kirby morgan m48, nice mask with excellent bail out and soft nose.

I had a hell of a time with this mask. As stated above you should try to bring the plugs down on the nose. I had to use a couple O-rings to get them out far enough to do the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom