Trouble connecting new Atmos AI to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been diving on a T3 for about a year and a half with no issues connecting the TE and my computer. Bought a new AI for my wife and it won't connect. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the USB Interface drivers and the software, but still no luck getting the AI to talk to my computer/Aeris software. The T3 still connects with no issues.

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

Are you trying to use the same cable? The T3 cable doesn't work with the AI. Pelagic seems to have three main "types" of computers...the MOD-protocol computers (AI, VTPro, Elite, Wisdom), the PPS-protocol computers (VEO, XR2, Insight) and the "modern" computers (VT3, Atom2, Epic, Elite T3). The MOD and PPS based computers can use the same cable, but those will not work with the modern cable and modern computers will not work with the older cable.

Basically, you need a AI cable...

Thanks Andy! I had started to consider that (even though it seems to fit), but I appreciate the quick reply.

If you have the ATMOS AI (WITH METAL BUTTONS). You must have the NEW VERSION of the ATMOS AI COMPUTER INTERFACE CORD. The interface cord that worked on the previous ATMOS AI dive computer won't interace with the one with metal buttons. Hopefully you have already solved this problem, but I didn't see a reply that showed the solution.

The T3 cable will work with the AI metal button, you may need to update your download software or choose the correct AI in the drop down menu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom