Tropics in December - Where? Turks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are planning our annual winter vacation. Somewhere tropical with some diving for me (she doesnt dive but likes to snorkel). I have miles for free tix to Caribbean so we are focusing there (although I wouldnt mind returning to Kauai after 5yrs). Anyway, I have heard great things about Turks diving. Is early Dec a good time? My wife says we would go to Provo based on her research. I figure best to get there before the cruise ship screws everything up.

We also thought of Riviera - more of a fun/relaxing/all inclusive/less expensive place, but I hear diving is not great. Maybe Cozumel? I snorkeled there ~8yrs ago but didn't dive.

We have been to Bonaire, Curacao, and Belize for diving recently so we prefer to go someplace new.

Thanks!
Jeremy

jeremyl:
My wife and I are planning our annual winter vacation. Somewhere tropical with some diving for me (she doesnt dive but likes to snorkel). I have miles for free tix to Caribbean so we are focusing there (although I wouldnt mind returning to Kauai after 5yrs). Anyway, I have heard great things about Turks diving. Is early Dec a good time? My wife says we would go to Provo based on her research. I figure best to get there before the cruise ship screws everything up.
Just to clarify - the whole country is Turks & Caicos. Grand Turk is the (once) quiet island that people are complaining about the cruise ships, not Provo. Provo is the island where all the larger hotel/condos and more "stuff" is. Grand Turk has good diving. Provo itself isn't noted for diving, there is some decent stuff, but mostly the boats go to West Caicos (say 45min ride) or some of the other small islands for the good stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom