Tropical Weight Chammy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divesergeant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Glad to see you on Scubaboard.

We love our Chammyz, especially on cold Michigan winter nights. But they can be kind of heavy for lazy tropical evenings after a day of diving. Any thoughts about making a lighter weight fabric?

DS

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. While we have experimented with lighter fabric, they seem to lose their durability when we used the lighter weight version. We are currently working with other weights and hope to have something to debut for spring, so please don't hesitate to contact us for updates...
Ironically, our top selling markets are the Caribbean and Pacific..as perfect for nights, late dives, after a day in water or on beach, or on a boat..

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stay tuned for other weights!

DS

In the meantime, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact us and mention you are a Scubaboard member and we will offer you special discount.
Thanks for input and safe diving.

I love my Chammyz. I would also like one that was longer. That way, changing back into street clothes would be easier. :wink:

In the meantime, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact us and mention you are a Scubaboard member and we will offer you special discount.
Thanks for input and safe diving.

Will do. I'll need a new pair of lounge pants before our next trip. I'm ok with my knees showing through, but the seat is worn through also...:D

DS

We are manufacturing a change coat, which we will debut at DEMA. If you go to Bumm Wraps site, you will see the custom Bummwrap Chammyz change coats!
If you are going to DEMA, come on by booth #2241 ad we will show you new style.
Off to Florida...safe diving

We are manufacturing a change coat, which we will debut at DEMA. If you go to Bumm Wraps site, you will see the custom Bummwrap Chammyz change coats!
If you are going to DEMA, come on by booth #2241 ad we will show you new style.
Off to Florida...safe diving

Is this change coat known as The Toga on Bumm Wrap website?

I'm late to the discovery of Chammyz clothes but I'm catching up!:D

We have a jacket that is similar to our surf bomber (#1 seller) but has added length to use as change jacket as it drops below the butt.
And yes, the other items we manufacture for Bumm Wraps are called the Toga or the Bumm Wrap.

I tried to contact Bumm Wraps but wasn't successful--their website only has two email addresses on it for contact. Do they have any retail outlets for their items? I like their toga wrap and would love to purchase one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom