Trolley Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alewar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to buy one of those big trolleys to ease the storage and transportation of my scuba gear and wonder what do you guys recommend. It should have room enough for a dry suit, undergarments, BP/W, etc. and fin pockets big enough for my SP jets.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Thank you for the responses. I think "trolley" is the wrong word for what I'm looking for.
What I meant is one of those big bags with pockets and a couple of wheels at the bottom like this one:

defMuYl.jpg

there are tons of them and I have to decide which to buy.

(as soon as I start diving doubles I'll also need a real trolley though, but not yet :) )

If you are planning on taking a large bag like that as baggage on an airplane, keep in mind that a bag of that size, when packed full of dive gear, likely exceeds airline weight limitations. For air travel, many of us prefer smaller, lightweight bags. If you are not planning on using the bag for air travel, then you can carry your dive gear in pretty much anything, including what Glenn08 posted. For storage at home, I use plastic bins.

I can say: If you leave the weights and tanks at home, you should be fine.

If you are planning on taking a large bag like that as baggage on an airplane, keep in mind that a bag of that size, when packed full of dive gear, likely exceeds airline weight limitations. For air travel, many of us prefer smaller, lightweight bags. If you are not planning on using the bag for air travel, then you can carry your dive gear in pretty much anything, including what Glenn08 posted. For storage at home, I use plastic bins.

I didn't think about air travel, thank you for pointing that out. I don't have much space in my apartment and though about a bag like that to put everything scuba-related inside and push it under a table or something. I have some plastic boxes, but my BP/W doesn't fit inside them.

Just about everyone around here uses Rubbermaid (or equivalent) bins. Here's one of their heavier-duty ones, ActionPacker® Cargo Box / Bin | Rubbermaid Easy to store, easy to carry, the larger ones will hold everything you need except the tank, and you can stand on the lid to keep the sand off your feet while changing.

Although it doesn't have storage for your dry suit. the Tank Trolley will help you with carrying your scuba tank. I usually attach my BC to the tank and then the tank trolley and I can wheel all my gear around that way. I think is a good alternative to getting those big scuba carts. Ill attach the link. good luck Tank Trolley Dive Gear- scuba tank cart

Been using one of these for around 20 years now, pretty hard to destroy:
Eckla Beach-Rolly® Models
Mine no longer looks new, I replaced a wheel 15 years ago but it still gets weekly duty moving my 53Kg ready to dive XCCR rebreather around. Before that I moved a lot of double 18L tanks set up ready to dive around sometimes for a quarter mile also up and downhill. The big wheels don't get bogged down in the sand. If you're lazy get the attachable umbrella, a large cooler and your fishing gear; unloaded it becomes a comfortable seat and you can sit down and drink beer all afternoon in the shade while officially waiting for a fish to bite - if you bait the hook your chances are even better.:thumb2:

Michael

Back
Top Bottom