Trip Video - Maldives, February 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another great video as usual!

Wow! Tiger shark! Which part of Maldives did you go to see Tiger Shark? I didn't see one when I was in Maldives, nor in Cocos. So, I decided to see it in the usual place, Tiger Beach, Bahamas, later in November.

Tiger Shark Expedition 31 Oct - 6 Nov, 2020

How do you whip out the video so fast? All I can do during liveaboard diving trip is just dive (taking the video too, of course), eat, sleep and repeat. Nothing else. Ending up with tons of video clips & pictures with the right music to stitch them up together. They would take days, after the jetlag subsided. LOL

Another great video as usual!

Wow! Tiger shark! Which part of Maldives did you go to see Tiger Shark? I didn't see one when I was in Maldives, nor in Cocos. So, I decided to see it in the usual place, Tiger Beach, Bahamas, later in November.

Tiger Shark Expedition 31 Oct - 6 Nov, 2020

How do you whip out the video so fast? All I can do during liveaboard diving trip is just dive (taking the video too, of course), eat, sleep and repeat. Nothing else. Ending up with tons of video clips & pictures with the right music to stitch them up together. They would take days, after the jetlag subsided. LOL
Tiger was at Fuvahmulah.

I just download clips to my laptop after every dive and add the memorable clips to my project timeline. Keep trimming and editing a little each time. Easy on LOBs with 3 dives a day. On LOBs with 4 dives a day, it’s more difficult to find time.

Tiger was at Fuvahmulah.

Good info. Thanks!

That place is in the south where I was told it’s a good place for shark diving. So, my next trip to Maldives will be there around this time of the year then. :)

Good info. Thanks!

That place is in the south where I was told it’s a good place for shark diving. So, my next trip to Maldives will be there around this time of the year then. :)
This time of year is the dry season, but it was raining this year and viz was quite bad.

Fuvhmulah has tiger, hammerhead, silky, silver tip and thresher sharks as well as the occasional oceanic manta.

Nice one! You may want to experiment with dialing back on the saturation and color-grading a bit? The video looked over-saturated to me ...

Cheers
P

This time of year is the dry season, but it was raining this year and viz was quite bad.

I can see from the video that poor viz. It reminds me of taking video of the schooling hammerheads early morning without light in Banda Sea, as you don’t want to scare the shy fish away with bright light. However, the Tiger Shark shouldn’t be afraid of video light, should it?

Nice one! You may want to experiment with dialing back on the saturation and color-grading a bit? The video looked over-saturated to me ...

Cheers
P
Thanks for your critique. I am experimenting with luma and saturation. I also find that lighting conditions that I work under affects my colour grading. For example, working in the dark and working with overhead cabin lights on leads to different results. And even changing the brightness level on my laptop results in different grading decisions.

I could have tweaked the levels more but decided to cut it and put it away so that I can get on with life. I’ll have another video to experiment with next month.

Back
Top Bottom