Trip Video - Maldives Deep South onboard MV Adora March 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Very nice!

Fabulous, I particularly enjoyed your choice of music.

You captured some amazing stuff!

Thank you all for the compliments. Hopefully this video captured the essence of diving in Maldives Deep South...A truly magical place...the quantity of sharks are simply amazing.

Wow! Amazing video!

Glad to see lots of sharks & variety of them.

Definitely it’ll be in my next diving destination.

A Short video taken during a Triprific Dive Trip to Maldives Deep South onboard MV Adora in March 2019.
Shoot with Sony RX100M5 with Nauticam WWL-1.

Amazing! That video is exactly why I am planning on doing the Deep South trip in February or March 2020. I would love to hear a bit more about your trip since there isn't a ton of info out there about those routes/boats given how short the season is for the South itinerary. There do appear to be a number of LOBs doing the trip now with similar comfort levels and similar pricing - would you recommend the Adora? My priority would be to go with an operator that is experienced in the area and knows the ins-and-outs of the route and has smaller diving groups (ie a good number of DMs on board).
How were the diving conditions? I have heard Deep South can be pretty gnarly.. did you see any hammers (though honestly you saw everything else - WOW!)? Any crowding at the sites with numerous LOBs? Any other tips/reccos for someone going next year? Thanks!

I was very happy diving the Carpe Vita on the southern route but I'm sure any of the Carpe boats would be equal in quality as to dives.

Amazing! That video is exactly why I am planning on doing the Deep South trip in February or March 2020. I would love to hear a bit more about your trip since there isn't a ton of info out there about those routes/boats given how short the season is for the South itinerary. There do appear to be a number of LOBs doing the trip now with similar comfort levels and similar pricing - would you recommend the Adora? My priority would be to go with an operator that is experienced in the area and knows the ins-and-outs of the route and has smaller diving groups (ie a good number of DMs on board).
How were the diving conditions? I have heard Deep South can be pretty gnarly.. did you see any hammers (though honestly you saw everything else - WOW!)? Any crowding at the sites with numerous LOBs? Any other tips/reccos for someone going next year? Thanks!

There are several LOBs operating during Feb - Mar to Maldives Deep South. MV Adora is just one of many. Adora is a nice and comfortable boat with good food and experienced cruise director who know where the good dive sites are.

We also saw hammerheads on 2 dives. One is 2 individuals and the other is a great hammerhead (big ass one too) in Fuvahmulah but sadly I don't have good enough video to show it. We also saw thresher sharks and oceanic manta for 3 of 4 deep dives at Fuvahmulah South. Fuvahmulah is also the place where they feed tiger sharks in the harbour. Dive is only 15-20m max and you have to wait for the tigers to come in for their meal. If you want to see tiger (beside flying to Fiji), this is the place to be.

I am not a big fan of Maldives diving due to it boring coral color...but Maldives Deep South changed my view due to shear amount and varieties of pelagic. Most dives have something to see from the many eagle rays, grey reef sharks, oceanic manta to whale sharks etc. We have plan to also go back in March 2020 too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom