Trip to Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StueyinDeep

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ki guys,

I'm back in the UK for a few months holiday away from Canada. Taking a trip up to East Kilbride, Ayrshire to see my Mum and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to going down in that area.

Many thanks

Stuey

Hello there,

There's not much diving around EK but there are several dive shops in the area. Closest is ProTech Divers in Hamilton, they're linked to Splashsports in Glasgow. Also there is Aquatron in Glasgow. Check the yellow pages when you arrive or google, they all have web sites.

Just about the only place in Scotland that does a turn up, rent gear, go dive service is Puffin Dive Centre in Oban, about a 2 and half hour drive north of EK. They dive the islands round Oban and the Sound of Mull wrecks.

HTH

Hickdive:
Hello there,
Just about the only place in Scotland that does a turn up, rent gear, go dive service is Puffin Dive Centre in Oban, about a 2 and half hour drive north of EK. They dive the islands round Oban and the Sound of Mull wrecks.

HTH

Hmm.. that's a bit far! I have all my gear and only need tanks and weight and really just need them and a buddy.

I'm an Instructor in the much colder waters of Vancouver but trade so have plenty of cold water experience if anyone out there is reluctant to pick up a buddy from the Board...

StueyinDeep:
Hmm.. that's a bit far! I have all my gear and only need tanks and weight and really just need them and a buddy.

I'm an Instructor in the much colder waters of Vancouver but trade so have plenty of cold water experience if anyone out there is reluctant to pick up a buddy from the Board...

If you log on at www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk you are very likely to get something sorted out. It's happened in the past with divers off this board.

I can't help, I'm the wrong end of Britain for you.

Adrian

Adrian Kelland:
If you log on at www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk you are very likely to get something sorted out. It's happened in the past with divers off this board.

I can't help, I'm the wrong end of Britain for you.

Adrian

No worries. Thanks for all your help.

Stuey

Stuey, drop me a pm if you fancy meeting up for diving, I tend to dive Loch Long / Loch Fyne or over by the navy sub base every weekend.

thanks, Greg

DORSETBOY:
Stuey, drop me a pm if you fancy meeting up for diving, I tend to dive Loch Long / Loch Fyne or over by the navy sub base every weekend.

Nice one. Will drop you a PM when I'm coming up.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom