Trip to Raja Ampat planned for December 2023, welcome feedback!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the information on this thread.

We are also taking a trip to Raja Ampat in December '23, though it looks like we will miss you, @Kickabok. Our itinerary is LAX-Singapore, Singapore-Jakarta, with an 11-hour layover at the Aston. Then on to Sorong to board the White Manta on Dec. 2-9. Ferrying to Waigeo on the 9th to search for the Wilson's Bird of Paradise and other birds, ferry back on the 12th with an overnight in Sorong at the Aston Hotel, then the 13th - 20th at the Misool Eco Resort, then a final overnight at the Aston.

The only thing that worries me is on our way home, we are flying Garuda from Sorong to Jakarta, with about a 4-hour layover for our Singapore Airlines flight from Jakarta to Singapore. I don't care about luggage delays on our way home, but I would hate to miss the flight!

I love the information on this thread.

We are also taking a trip to Raja Ampat in December '23, though it looks like we will miss you, @Kickabok. Our itinerary is LAX-Singapore, Singapore-Jakarta, with an 11-hour layover at the Aston. Then on to Sorong to board the White Manta on Dec. 2-9. Ferrying to Waigeo on the 9th to search for the Wilson's Bird of Paradise and other birds, ferry back on the 12th with an overnight in Sorong at the Aston Hotel, then the 13th - 20th at the Misool Eco Resort, then a final overnight at the Aston.

The only thing that worries me is on our way home, we are flying Garuda from Sorong to Jakarta, with about a 4-hour layover for our Singapore Airlines flight from Jakarta to Singapore. I don't care about luggage delays on our way home, but I would hate to miss the flight!
I did that Garuda flight back to Jakarta from Sorong (8:30 AM) this past January 2. I had about a 4 hour layover in Jakarta before my Singapore Airlines connection to Singapore and there was plenty of time to spare - ended up passing the time in the Saphire/Plaza Premium Lounge in Jakarta.

Thanks, @Joneill !

Back
Top Bottom