Trip to Cuaracao, have a few questions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drscoles

Registered
Reaction score
We are staying at sunset waters hotel..... I have two tank boat dives each day included in price... My question is, should I tip everyday like I normally would?? We spent Christmas in Cozumel, I tipped the hands every day, and at end of our 3 days of diving gave the divemaster $50.... Does that sound good/bad/ about right???

Haven't stayed at a dive hotel before, want to make sure I am doing the right thing!

Thanks, Mike

I would say tip at the end of the week, $5 per dive is the norm. The dive crew usually knows how many dives you have scheduled so they won't necesarily be expecting money every day.

Drscoles - when you get back let us know how it was. Mike and Michelle (Sunset Divers Owners) own our LDS here in Colorado.

Always thought about visiting them in Curacao.

Drscoles:
We are staying at sunset waters hotel..... I have two tank boat dives each day included in price... My question is, should I tip everyday like I normally would?? We spent Christmas in Cozumel, I tipped the hands every day, and at end of our 3 days of diving gave the divemaster $50.... Does that sound good/bad/ about right???

Haven't stayed at a dive hotel before, want to make sure I am doing the right thing!

Thanks, Mike

I always tip each day. Sometimes the crew may change in a week of diving.

addict,
if mike and michelle run their shop in colorado like their shop, sunset divers, then y'all are real fortunate to have a lds of that caliber. we had the pleasure of diving with them this past july at sunset water resort. they treated us as family. we had a real blast. one of their instructors certified my 16 yr old son one on one. we were very pleased with their training proceedures, and i got a dive buddy .

Back
Top Bottom