Trip Suggestion Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyDiver

Reaction score
My wife and I want to go on a dive trip over July 4 weekend. We are relatively new divers and would like to do some warm water diving. Living in Ohio, we regularly dive the quarries but the bulky suit gets a little old. We really don't want to wear more than a skin and a 3 mil shorty. Any suggestions on places to dive would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to stay in the States, I can highly recommend the east coast of Florida. My favorite areas so far is around Pompano Beach area and the Middle Keys.

July 4th is a very busy time down there so I'd start trying to make boat and hotel reservations NOW. I know lots of places have been booked for several months.

you might also consider the "graveyard of the Atlantic"...North Carolina. when we were there in Oct. water temp was 76 at depth. the wrecks are awesome. plus it's a little closer to drive to (about 11 1/2 hrs from Ashland, Ohio).

check out olympusdiving.com

Key Largo and the Florida Keys has some great diving :wink: There are reefs and wrecks of all depths for all levels. Plenty to see! Do a little shopping around for places to stay and it can be a relatively inexpensive trip.

Just checked out a new dive operation in Key Largo and they are awesome! Very experienced, very helpful, not a cattle boat and these guys truly love what they do, it's not just a job.

www.bluewaterdiver.net check them out.

Back
Top Bottom