Trip Report: West Divers, La Parguera December 27-30, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just completed my yearly dive trip to La Parguera from December 27-30, 2018. I dove with two buddies. We used West Divers. Bam Bam was our divemaster. I won't go into too many details. You can read my other trip reports for a little more info.

We dove two dives each day with the exception of the last day. The waves were 3-5 ft most times with the last day being 5-7. We ended up calling the second dive on the last day because the waves were getting higher. Dive times were roughly 45 minutes with a 1 hour surface interval in between.

Bam Bam is an exceptional dive master. He's great to dive with and lets us do what we want. He's known us for years so the pace is very unstressful.

There were, however, some things that came up that I believe West Divers needs to address. (1) The tank fills were inconsistent. On the first three days, the tanks were a little low, 2700-2800. We had to swap tanks. The last day they were way high. One of mine was close to 3700. The thanks should be closer to 3000, maybe a little less or a little more. (2) The boat hand, while a nice person, could have been more helpful in terms of things like helping us get seated once we get on to the boat. (3) There should be a rinse tank at the dock. This is not a new matter, but I feel the shop should address it so we can rinse our gear there rather than going back to to the hotel.

Overall, the trip was great. The divemaster was great but the shop itself can improve on its operations.

I have not posted in a while Glad to hear you enjoyed your yearly trip to Puerto Rico...
I went to PR last April and I dove w Pedro at Island Scuba...it didn't disappoint
We saw Caribeean sharks...etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom