Trip Report: USS Oriskany from Pensacola aboard Niuhi Charter 09-30-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Now finally we get to today's diving (Sunday) and we again had Bill and our Diving Diva Andrea Wraalstad. This was a trip to the Oriskany and although the weather looked questionable when we got up this morning the rain stopped as we were loading the boat up and the seas were nice on the way out. Once to the site we were treated to 90-120 foot of vis and a wonderful dive with some great friends. There is a real nice thermalcline developing deep on the "O" and I marked 75* at about 120'. Although I made the Whale Shark call the night before at the dock and again once on site, we didn't see a whale shark today, but I'll wait with baited breath until our next trip to the deep blue.

Working on uploading this video now......

---------- Post Merged at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Video shot with Go-Pro

[vimeo]50534266[/vimeo]

I can't wait to get back to the Oriskany. I've only been once but there is something awesome about that place. Ill be there this

I'm going to do that soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loved the vid Barry! How have you mounted your GoPro and did you get the corrective lens sold by one of the aftermarket companies?

Nice Video Barry!
I dove with you on Capt Andys boat summer of 2012 and can't wait to get back out there. We are already planning our 1st dive vacation of the year.

Loved the vid Barry! How have you mounted your GoPro and did you get the corrective lens sold by one of the aftermarket companies?

He does have the corrective lens. The GP1 and 2 are almost useless underwater without them. He has several mounts, one on his speargun, a pvc pole-mount, and I think a handle iirc. The head-mounts often take bad video because every time you move your head, you're recomposing the shot.

Back
Top Bottom