Trip Report - Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divebag,

How did you get from Cozumel to Puerto Morelos? I read the trip report about the Cenote and gosh it sounds to good to pass up if in the area. I will be in Cozumel the second week of March and if it is not to difficult I would like to go to the Cenote. BTW I did email Cat for her recomendations.
Thanks, Butch

outlaws:
Divebag,

How did you get from Cozumel to Puerto Morelos? I read the trip report about the Cenote and gosh it sounds to good to pass up if in the area. I will be in Cozumel the second week of March and if it is not to difficult I would like to go to the Cenote. BTW I did email Cat for her recomendations.
Thanks, Butch

Outlaws, We took the ferry from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, costs $7-$10 dollars each way and takes about 45 minutes. It leaves hourly. The pier is right at the main square in town. You check your divebag (if you take your own equip.). Unload at the pier at playa and claim your bag. Taxis will be everywhere, we took a taxi to Puerto Morelos, cost about $25 and takes 15 minutes north toward Cancun. While slightly more complicated, you can acutally take a bus that costs much much less, just ask anyone for directions to bus station. It's a couple of blocks from the pier where you unload. There are bicycle cart people who will carry your gear for a couple of dollars if you want. Ferry schedules can be found at www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/arrive.html . Return just the opposite. Taxi to Playa, ferry back to Cozumel. Well worth it!!! My next trip I just want to dive cenotes only for a change! Make arrangements with Cat on where to meet in Puerto Morelos. It's a very small village. Good Luck

Thanks Divebag!

I have already been emailing back and forth with Cat. I can't wait!

Butch

Outlaws, It should be well worth the time. If you leave early enough from Cozumel, you can probably get in a reef or wreck dive in the morning and then do the cenote in the afternoon and still get back to Cozumel in time for dinner that night.

Thanks Scubaboard for all your enquiries - the weather is great here at the moment so have been able to get to some great sites, great fun for all. Next week Jan, the dive master, is working on the underwater sequences of a German feature film being shot here in Puerto Morelos with the fabulous Mike Madden, after that we can go dive again! Happy to help with your queries about the area and what to do , especially what to do with the non-divers as well. Thanks again

Divebag....Good report. Wife and I are leaving tomorrow for Isla Mujeres via Cancun. We'll post areport of some kind when we return next week.

regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom