Trip Report: Pete Tide II & YDT-14 16 September 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We had an awesome trip aboard the CHarter boat Niuhi www.niuhidivecharters.com this last weekend. The first trip of the day was to the Pete Tide II. I knew as soon as we splashed that we were in for a treat. Vis at the surface was awesome and at 10' the top of the wheel house came into view. It was a bit more murky on the bottom as it seems the silt is finally settling back down but it still made for an awesome dive with visability easily 40-50'. The water is 81* at depth and the air temp is just slightly higher with the temps now starting to drop making for a comfortable surface interval. Andy Ross aboard Niuhi treated us all like kings and we had a great time. The second dive was at YDT-14 and the vis was even better probably pushing 75'. We had a great dive and a shark was even spotted. I did a little spearfishing onthe second dive as Captain Andy has a Federal Fishing permit which allows spearfishing in state and federal waters for only a little more money.

Here is some video I shot of the customers with us on the Pete Tide. I have not post processed the color of the water so it looks a little greener than what I remember and honestly the video does not do the clarity of the water justice.

[vimeo]49752630[/vimeo]

Back
Top Bottom