Trip Report: Pensacola, Florida YDT-15 and Penhall Reef aboard Niuhi on 09-29-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
After we got back to the dock on Saturday after our mornig trip we flipped the boat over and loaded it back up with some fresh new divers and our new friend Bill and headed back out for a Midshore dive trip. This time we started at the YDT-15. We had a few people spearfishing with us so we ended up getting some fish in the boat and we even mamaged to bag about 10 Lionfish off the wreck. We again got to see a couple fo very cool sharks on this site and we had a great time video taping the sharks as they swam in to check out what was going on aboard their wreck. (I'll try to post some video in the next day or so of the sharks and wreck) Vis here was about 75 feet everywhere excpet on the wreck, there seemed to be a rust colored hue aroudn the wreck or maybe some fine silt, but away from the wreck the vis was awesome. I had a bottom temp of 79*.

After the YDT-15 and because we had some great divers with us we decided to go ahead and try our luck at Penhall Reef. We had a great dive here as well with vis of about 80' and I saw quite a few nice fish but we only got a few flounder. We did however end up putting 7 or 8 lobster on the boat. Great going everybody! What a great day and trip with almost perfect conditions both above and below the water.

Back
Top Bottom