Trip report on first time in the Philippines, diving in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just finished my first trip to the Philippines, and I thought that it was fantastic. My wife and I spent 12 days in Bohol, staying at the Eskaya Resort, and diving with Philippine Islands Divers (they have a small office next to the resort). The resort is very pricey, but excellent. Good villas, excellent service, and the food is quite good at the restaurant, too. The dive operation was excellent. The boats were a little primitive, but we knew this going in, so no big surprises. All of the photos are posted on Flickr, and the link is given here - 2009 bohol philippines - a set on Flickr , and a few examples are given below. The reefs were very healthy. The coral was beautiful; the fish life was varied and plentiful; I have never seen so many "bouquets" of crinoids. It was incredible. We are definitely returning, and will probably also go to some other destinations in the Philippines, maybe Dumaguete or Puerto Galera. We are looking forward to another trip.

First, here are a few underwater pics:
3451440436_5732caa7e5.jpg

3460262015_fe0b4b54ee.jpg

3461072000_0804c521bb.jpg

3470715844_9b0062cb84.jpg

3451484012_27ac6fb736.jpg

3452285360_ab7646c754.jpg

and lastly, here is are a couple of photos of the resort.
3457608756_913dc34acb.jpg

3457615518_e6e4f367dc.jpg

Did you go to the Chocolate Hills?
Did you see any Tarsiers; the Bacalayon church; the Loboc river cruise?
If not, then you missed the 'Flavor' of Bohol.
But then you did have great dives!!! :D:D:D

Did you go to the Chocolate Hills?
Did you see any Tarsiers; the Bacalayon church; the Loboc river cruise?
If not, then you missed the 'Flavor' of Bohol.
But then you did have great dives!!! :D:D:D

Did everything you mentioned except for the Loboc River cruise. They were all worth doing, too, and I am glad to have done them. And the dives were great!

Those are great pictures, I have stayed in Alona and Tag B probablly 10 times at various places... Although it is still relatively new I have never considered Eskaya due to the prices.... Were you able to get a sizeable discount or were you paying full price???? Maybe you can give me an idea of the size of discount if you recieved one...

Cheers

i love your pix excelent , excellent lighting

Those are great pictures, I have stayed in Alona and Tag B probablly 10 times at various places... Although it is still relatively new I have never considered Eskaya due to the prices.... Were you able to get a sizeable discount or were you paying full price???? Maybe you can give me an idea of the size of discount if you recieved one...

Cheers

Hey Rogersea, I booked the trip with Ultimate Dive Travel (excellent dive travel agency, to put in a quick plug). The bottom line, though, is that the room was not heavily discounted. It was definitely pricey, even for the lowest class of room. I usually choose locations and resorts so they work for my wife, too, who has MS and cannot handle long walks, steps, and similar impediments (for example, St. Lucia and much of Fiji are nonstarters). Anyway, Eskaya is an excellent resort and it was a great choice for us, but no question, it is pricey. I hope that this helps.

Erwin

Great shots Erwin, yeah the PI is a nice place. Very jealous of your dives!

Philippine Island Divers is a great crew to dive with...who was your DM?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom