Trip report Moalboal 11/8~11/11 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kkshxt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's a short trip, only 2 diving days, and we did 8 dives.
Moalboal is now a backpacker destination, full of newly certified divers and those learning to dive.
We tried to find a dive shop willing to manage a private guide and early morning dives, and as a result, we chose Que Vadis.
The manager John understand our needs and arranged us to make 7:00 am sardine dives, which is very nice.
49058366656_a437c6bdcf_z.jpg
Blue arch by 小小 高, 於 Flickr

the dive site is full of divers and snorkelers later.
we did two dives at other local sites, sorry don't remember the name.
they were all walls.
the second one was managed to be a macro dive, so we brought macro lens, and a BABY WHALE SHARK came ... what an achievement lol

here are the photos of local sites without the whale shark
49058591362_670a908a2d_z.jpg
white beach_ by 小小 高, 於 Flickr
49057855608_402bd18388_z.jpg
Yellow dancer by 小小 高, 於 Flickr

we made three dives at the Pescador island.
the island is small, and there were lots of boats in the morning.
most of the boats are gone in the afternoon.
I like the soft coral overhang very much, but there were almost no current when we dived there...
49058366681_3528819e17_z.jpg
pescador view by 小小 高, 於 Flickr
a giant frogfish yawning is truly a bonus for us
49058366626_e9718ee764_z.jpg
yawning in the deep_ by 小小 高, 於 Flickr
If we go to Moalboal next time, it will be a holiday with some non-diving friends :D
There are so many nice restaurants and interesting coffee shops, I quite like them.

Thank you for sharing! I especially like your photo of the sardines.

Excellent photos!
and yes the viz at sardines school is much better early before they start relieveing themselves so much that you are swimming through a cloud of poo.
A pity there was no current, the soft corals on Pescador are really spectacular when they are feeding on current.

Any specific restaurants or things to do there? I’ll be there for four days after Christmas.

Any specific restaurants or things to do there?
I liked the Cafe Cebuano for more formal diners as well as the French Coffee Shop, best breakfast or in between dives snacks. Otherwise I was yet to be impressed with Moalboal dining which for me was rather ranging from untasty to unedible (couldn't find any place where they would grill a fish right, not as dry as a woodstick not as pink as the meat would stick to the bones.).
Haaa... the excellent almost caramelized thick mango pancakes I used to eat for breakfast at Cabanas resort 20 years ago. Now history.

Don't know about Kugita, where is that?

thanks for sharing your report and nice photos....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom