Trip Report January in Cozumel B&B and Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What a great trip! OK, a few of days of sucky rainy weather...but what a GREAT trip! First...after MANY, MANY trips to Cozumel I finally discovered the best B&B! Tamarindo Cozumel, Bed and Breakfast. Eliane, the charming French hostess who speaks perfect English and Spanish as well has created a lovely garden setting with comfortable rooms, a dip tank and gear hanging spots at very modest rates. Eliane's innate charm attracts the nicest eclectic mix of guests from Europe and the U.S. I have ever encountered. I had a blast there. I HIGHLY recommend this place. Breakfast was great, very European and early enough to make the morning dive boat. The location is an easy walk to my favorite dive shop , Deep Blue Deep Blue Cozumel Diving: Deep Blue Cozumel
As always, Palancar was spectacular, Santa Rosa Wall remains one of my favorites but the highlight of the trip was dozens and dozens of spotted eagle rays soaring in elegant squadrons at Cantarell. I love Thailand and Japan and there are many other great spots in the Caribbean, but for easy access and bang for the buck (provided you know how to stay away for the tourist spots) Cozumel is a top choice.

P.S. Eliane also has a second Tamarindo, apartments with a pool at the south end of town near Chedraui. No breakfast, but you get a full kitchen and a new modern apartment with gear hanging facilities also at a modest price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom