Trip report from Roatan newbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everybody for all the kind feedback!

Thanks for the great trip report. We are making our first trip to Roatan in April. Great to read of your comparisons of other locations. We've been to Bonaire once, Cozumel 3 times and Florida Keys 3 times. Looking forward to doing the shark dive!!!

Approximately how long was the shark dive - from decent to ascent?

The total bottom time for the shark dive was about 35 minutes. We were fortunate that the current was mild. Once back rolling off the boat you follow a tow line, hand-over-hand holding the line to avoid getting separated in the current. From there you descend using a mooring line to approximately 70 feet. Not to sound like a total wimp, following the tow line(admittedly, my right hand was holding my camera) required some exertion, mainly because the swells made it more challenging.

While not so warm and fuzzy, the guys at Roatan Shark Dive run a well organized, informed and safe operation. The DVD was $50, definitely buy it! I think I have watched mine 10 times since returning.
5404472685_05de49a07d_z.jpg

5405064152_f3cddcbcb8_z.jpg

5423558686_f0c202794e_z.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom