Trip Report for 3/13/04-3/20/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzSnake

Registered
Reaction score
Flew into Coz on 3/13/04 about 2:00 local time.
We stayed at Casa Del Mar and to my surprise it was pretty nice. I had heard about the place being around a 2 out of 5 and I would have to say that my room and my experience was at a minimum a 3.5 out of 5. Everything in the room (plumbing etc) worked correctly and the staff was overly friendly.

We also dove with Del Mar Aquatics.
We had Joshua as our Dive Master and I have to say he was excellent.
Water vis was not as good as it could have bee. On our worst days it was about 50-60’ and our best days it was around 80-110”. Currents were fairly strong but workable.
Water temp was in the high 70’s and depending on site we hit 81F and the air temp was in the mid 80’s.

Marine life as always fantastic. Our group encountered multiple nurse and a possible black tip although it was too far away to make a definite ID.
More turtles that I could keep track of we ran into 3 Spotted Eagle Rays.
On one of our 2 night dives we ran into a pretty significant school of squid and we encountered at a minimum of 3 Splendid Toad Fish.
We got 12 dives in Sunday to Friday 10 day dives 2 night dives.

All in all this was a great trip although the amount of cruse ships here on the last weekend of Spring Break somewhat crowed the island. At one time I counted 8 ships just in the International pier just South of Casa Del Mar and these weren’t the medium or small cruse ships, these were the big mammas.

Food was pretty good at Casa Del Mar but I spent most of my time over across the street at Ernesto’s.

Fourteen days and counting!

Tim Ingersoll:
Fourteen days and counting!

Rub, rub, rub it in Tim. Seven weeks and counting for me!

5615mike:
Rub, rub, rub it in Tim. Seven weeks and counting for me!

Yo tam bien!

So, now do we have two countdown threads going? ;^)

Sorry the fever has set in and reading these darn trip reports makes my mind wander for the day and beyond. Its maddening! Three or four time per day I recount the days to make sure that I counted right. Ai-chee-wowa!

25 days to go!

TexasDiver? if my rudimentary math skills haven't failed me, you're talking April 16 or 17th? Wife and I are arriving at the same time, staying through Sat the 24th. First timers though, staying at a B&B in San Miguel the first 3 days, then moving to Playa Azul for the remaining 5 days. Newly graduated YScuba folks so we'll be doing our referral dives the first couple days.

Can't wait, the days are dragging by, harder and harder to concentrate at work and I'd imagine it gets worse after having been there. Can anyone say Addiction? Look forward to perhaps bumping into anyone from the board who happens to be there at the same time.

Come to think of it, we actually have a short layover in Houston early Saturday morning, I believe before the last leg into Coz... so perhaps we'll be on the same flight..

Small world it is...

calvinnhobbs61:
Come to think of it, we actually have a short layover in Houston early Saturday morning, I believe before the last leg into Coz... so perhaps we'll be on the same flight..

Small world it is...

Hiya Calvin:

We will miss your flight by one day. My wife and I will be leaving on Friday 4/16 and staying at the Occidental Grand till Wednesday 4/21.

We are diving with Christi at Blue XT SEA and will also be getting our Nitrox certification with her.

We are very excited and can hardly wait! I am already lobbying my wife for a return trip in July and staying in town!!
She wants to redecorate the living room; I want to go diving again. I need to convince her of the errors in her thought process! I might try hypnosis

Back
Top Bottom