Trip Report: Fiesta Americana/Dive House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Background: My wife and I have been going to Scuba Club every 1-2 years for 15+ years. We love it at Scuba Club. However, we have since become Hilton members and we can now stay at Fiesta American for free. So that's where we went in March 2020 with some dive friends. We used the on-site dive shop Dive House for our diving.

Our experience at Fiesta America could not have been better. It was perfect. The resort is clean and offers a lot of amenities, especially for non-divers. You have a choice of different dining options every day, all of which are really good. The staff were friendly and wonderful. We couldn't believe that they remembered our names and drink preferences from one day to the next. Fiesta Americana is a first-class operation with a wonderful staff. The bar and drinks were also very good.

The shore diving off Fiesta Americana -- like off every other Cozumel resort -- is disappointing. You cannot leave the area that is roped off, and there is no night shore diving. We called all over Cozumel, and no one would let us rent tanks for night shore dives. I guess that this highlights the reasons that I love Scuba Club so much -- plenty of shore diving, plenty of night shore diving, and we can take the tanks up and down the coast for other shore dives.

Our experience with Dive House was also fine. Everything went smoothly.

We are now planning annual trips to Fiesta Americana with our friends. It certainly helps that we can use our Hilton points to stay for free.

I just hope that Delta Airlines resumes service to Cozumel, because we have had too many serious problems with other airlines like United. We will NEVER fly United ever again.

Delta Airlines is the only way to go.

we have stayed at hotel cozumel a few times. we really like the shallow easy night dives in front of the resort. not sure why they would not let you dive there at night. maybe they have more boat traffic there at night ?

we also had trouble finding shops that would rent us tanks to take off site to dive. but you can always get them at the compressor station. cheaper too.

...... we have had too many serious problems with other airlines like United. We will NEVER fly United ever again..

Then you should check out this video (if you haven't seen it already). As the story goes, the baggage gorillas at United managed to break an expensive guitar, in a nearly bulletproof case, then United doesn't want to make good on it. So, this guy writes this clever, amusing song and video, then after it goes viral, United changes their tune (pardon the pun) and offers to replace the guitar.....IF he'll remove the video. The guy refuses, and the guitar company (Taylor) steps up and gives him TWO guitars to replace his broken one.Check it out....

Back
Top Bottom