Trip Report - Divers Lodge Lembeh - April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone
I'll keep this one brief.
My wife and I spent 5 nights at Divers Lodge Lembeh over Easter time. The resort can be highly recommended. WHY? Because of their service!
They really do everything they can to make your trip great. You ask them for something and their immediate responce is very friendly "OK"
AND THEN the best thing is that they actually went out and did what you asked for.
For instance on our last day we went to the Eastern side of Lembeh for some clear water coral reef diving and we asked for a BBQ on a secluded beach.
Their answer was "OK, what kind of marinade would you like on your chicken?" BRILLIANT!! And we had a great time on the beach that day.

The bungalows are big and private. Not 5 star but clean and comfortable. Beware some bungalows are up many many stairs, but they do have great views.
Although all of the bungalows seemed to have great views. So just request a lower bungalow if you hate stairs.

Food:
Breakfast you could order what you wanted, eggs, pancakes, toast...
Lunch usually was on the boat. It consisted of rice, veg and chicken all done Indo style.
Dinner was buffet. Some chicken and some fish and veggies and rice and potatoe wedges and and and. Lots of good indonesian food.
If the indonesian food is getting a bit much I'm sure all you need to do is ask and they'll make something else for you.

Diving:
We were on the shared boat package (you can have a private boat if you want), BUT there was me and my wife and two belgium guys on the big comfy boat, so it basically was private!
Boats are comfortable and even have a loo on board. The dive and boat crew were super friendly and helpful.
Because the resort is right down on the southern tip of Lembeh Island its a 45 min cruise up to most of the better muck diving spots. So if you do 3 day dives you end up spending the whole
day on the boat. But I love being out on the water and there the boat is big and comfortable enough to spend time on.
We did not see as many crazy critters as last October, but specials for this trip were: many many colourful nudi's we'd never seen, the tiny rare tiger shrimp, banded pipefish, pygmy seahorse,
giant and painted fogfish, juv star puffer, many many Mandarinfish on the house reef, etc etc.
Surprisingly we only saw one octopus the whole trip.
We dove the Mawali wreck which was good fun. Lots of life on the wreck.
On the last day we dove the South East coat of Lembeh, 25-30m viz, lots of fish, great diving. Especially Palau Dua. Massive schools of triggers and Pyramid butterflies and even a turtle.

A few pics can be found at the Flikr link below:
Lembeh - April 2012 - a set on Flickr
Hope you enjoy them.

We loved our time at Divers Lodge Lembeh and its great value for money, will definitely go back one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom