Trip Report - Coco View Resort, 03/10/12 - 03/17/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renalea

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I traveled to Coco View with a group of 14 friends for a week of diving over Spring Break. (Husband's 8th trip there and my 4th) We dove from the EZ Diver all week, as the Coco I isn't back in service yet. (The resort and all the boats were full since it was Spring Break.) IMHO, the EZ Diver isn't quite as EZ as the other boats with the mid-beam ladder. Getting back on the boat was just a little rough and the seas weren't really that bad. I really like the boats with the ladder up the middle where it's more stable. BUT, no complaints about the dive sites or the dive guides. Gringo and Mark were great. I heard some of our groups saying they're going to be sure to request them for next year's trip. They have recently put new moorings out for some new dive sites, which were pristine with lots of coral, fish, sea horses.... Night diving on Coco View wall and Newman's Wall was disappointing this year. We didn't see anything note-worthy. It was fun taking a couple of our new divers out for their 1st night dive, though.

On Wednesday a.m. several of us did the shark dive. Since it was raining that a.m. and 15 of us staying at CocoView were going on the dive, a deal was made with Waihuka Dive Center to use the EZ Diver instead of their boat. Nice. The shark dive was fun, but definitely one of those "been there, done that" type dives.

We stayed in one of the cabanas, which are quite comfortable. The a.c. was cool and the shower was hot. There's a real problem with the hammock on the porch, though. Every time I got in it to read my book, I fell asleep. Didn't even hear the horn for the 2:00 dive once!

Food was o.k. but not great. I never went away hungry, but that's because there was always beans and rice and a yummy dessert. I'm a picky eater, though. I didn't hear anyone else complaining. Breakfast was great!

Can't wait to go back!

Back
Top Bottom