Trip Report Belize / Guatemala

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smw

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We had an awesome trip to Belize where we stayed in San Ignacio, went over to Tikal and Flores in Guatemala and then picked up the SunDancer II in Belize City for a week of diving. You can see the report at http://www.weekspace.com/Belizeindex.htm.

I've been spoiled for life of the Sun Dancer. You eat and dive, dive and eat and it is just one awesome dive site after another.

Looking at your trip report brought back my own fond memories of Belize/Guatemala. My husband and I were in Belize for the first time in 2000 and stayed on Ambergris Caye. We did some local diving but the best part was the trip to Lighthouse Reef and the Blue Hole. An awesome experience. My husband and I were in Belize again in Feb of this year and it was another incredible trip. We camped on Glover's Reef Atoll and did some fantastic diving, then ventured to the jungle to Pook's Hill Lodge where we explored Actun Tunichil Muknal and were blown away by the experience. The next leg of our trip took us to Tikal and Flores, Guatemala and our final stop was Caye Caulker in Belize. We love Belize and will go back again. Here's the web address to our log from the Feb trip. http://www.russandjane.com/BG Intro.htm
From there you can also link to our picture gallery.

I can see that you had as good a trip as we did. ATM is such an excellent experience. It is truly an adventure. You got some great shots of the interior of the caves. I couldn't believe how close we could get to the artifacts and the bones of the people they had sacrificed.

I can't recommend Belize and Guatemala more. I think mixing the diving with the jungle trekking made it a spectacular experience.

SMW

Back
Top Bottom