Trip Report Anilao/Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow a foot long! That's a big one! The one I saw at Sabang Wrecks was barely 6 inches... But so beautifull to watch!

Wow a foot long! That's a big one! The one I saw at Sabang Wrecks was barely 6 inches... But so beautifull to watch!

It was very cool seeing one that big :cool2:

I bought "Nudibranchs of the World" by Helmut Debelius and Rudie Kuiter when I came back from my trip to help with identifications (a great book by the way). It says they can grow up to 600 mm which is almost 24 inches! :)

The one I have pictured I saw in East Timor it was about 2'.

Bill how do you get those pics in the post?....I have to attach.

the dartfish pair and juvenile lionfish are my faves.

Thanks, I think I was lucky to get them together like that. I have another dartfish photo from PG but only one fish in the photo. I like the juvenile lionfish also. I'm hoping to go back to Anilao next year.

The one I have pictured I saw in East Timor it was about 2'.

Bill how do you get those pics in the post?....I have to attach.

Go to the page 8 in this thread, post #72. Caloy explained to me how to do it.

Thanks for the heads up....my pic is on my computer and I do not have a URL...guess I gotta get with it!

Got to Puerto Galera in time on Friday, June 6th in time to get a night dive in. Something to be aware of is when you get off the ferry at Sabang you're going to get swarmed by people who want to take you to place to stay. They of course get money for doing this. Nothing wrong with that, just something to be aware of. You can bargain and you don't have to take the first place you see. Of course I went during the off-season when there are plenty of rooms. During the season it probably wouldn't hurt to have a reservation. Maybe some of the others here who have been there during busier times could speak to that? I've only been to PG during the off-season.

I went to Dive Dojo first as they had been recommended to me. After getting set up to dive that night, I walked around and bargained for room. I knew I could get find something reasonable as it was the off-season. I ended up paying 900 pesos a night (around $22 a night if I remember correctly) for a kitchenette at the very end of Sabang Beach.

Beach of course is a relative term. During high tide I could literally walk on the boat from the front steps of the Dive Dojo... DIVE DOJO

I've already listed the dive sites that I made while there. I think most of the major dive sites I've done there now. The nice thing about PG is that all the dive sites are relatively close together. Maximum 15 minutes and your on site.

A knowledge of the local tides is key here and the current can be a real roller coaster!

I greatly enjoyed Puerto Galera and I'm sure I'll make another trip there at some time in the future :)

Here are a few more photos from diving in PG:

n843784243_945474_7621.jpg

n843784243_945475_7868.jpg

n843784243_945488_1277.jpg

n843784243_945492_2346.jpg

n843784243_945495_3191.jpg

n843784243_945497_3766.jpg

n843784243_945503_5583.jpg

n843784243_945498_4056.jpg

n843784243_904922_630.jpg

Thanks for the heads up....my pic is on my computer and I do not have a URL...guess I gotta get with it!

I'm using the url for the photos I have posted on my facebook profile :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom