Trip report : Ambon & Molana diving - feb 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This November I would go to Cape paperu resort Saparua. I would like to know from someone who has already 'been if you can take pictures of critters without going near Ambon.

Gianluca

There is some macro action around Saparua and Cape paperu (for instance, someone told me there are some resident blue ringed octopus below Cape Paperu pier, I've also seen pics of the very rare gorgonian dragon shrimp) but to be honest there is not half as much critter life as you can find in Ambon bay, which is typical muck.
If you're looking for Rhinopias or rare shrimps I'm afraid you'd be a bit disappointed in Saparua.

Luko, I wish I had seen this thread earlier! What an amazing report with such useful and detailed information! You could have just copied the link to this thread into my PM message! Thank you again. :D:cool2::blinking:

I'm glad this thread popped up too. I am headed to Ambon for the start of a crossing trip in November and I am seriously considering staying in Ambon for a few days ahead of time,as I'm a maniac for Muck!!! Blue Rose looks like a great option as the others I've seen are to rich for my blood.
Thanks Luko for the original post.

I'm glad this thread popped up too. I am headed to Ambon for the start of a crossing trip in November and I am seriously considering staying in Ambon for a few days ahead of time,as I'm a maniac for Muck!!! Blue Rose looks like a great option as the others I've seen are to rich for my blood.
Thanks Luko for the original post.
Things evolve quickly in AMbon, it seems that Robert my usual guide quit from Blue Rose last year : I wouldn't recommend them anymore for muck, though they're still very good for South Ambon sites.
Dive Into Ambon would be now my prefered choice but mor expensive of course, if you're looking for budget then maybe you can have a try at Blue Motion. The were a bit junior when I tried them late 2012, I guess they gained experience by now.

Back
Top Bottom