Trimix in Mesa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I stopped by El Mar yesterday afternoon to waste some time. Anthony told me that El Mar is overhauling its fill station and will be offering trimix early next year. No idea on the cost yet, but they'll be billing per cubic foot of helium and O2.

They're also changing the pricing of nitrox. Supposedly, it will result in lower prices for lean mixes, but raise prices on hotter mixes.

A few years back, El Mar had elected not to pursue the technical market. It appears they're changing. Incidentally, the technical offerings are TDI, not PADI DSAT, which I found interesting since it's a PADI shop.

I was in there last week and asked about rental of larger tanks (100, 120, etc.) and was told that it has been talked about and would probably happen at some point in the future.

Interesting. There's not a whole lot of deep water around there. I wonder what market they have in mind.

Vic Engdahl has been offering TDI advanced nitrox/deco procedures, and he has started doing advanced wreck classes (overhead). Trimix is on the list of classes, but it's booked as requested. Since El Mar is overhauling its fill station with a new booster and banks, trimix may simply be added functionality as a result of the overhaul. El Mar still isn't stocking its floor with much technical equipment, though. Unless you count the new Hollis line they just started to carry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom