Trim with 3 deco cylinders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Gaffer tape! Blue painter tape comes right off after 2-3 dives. Also its blue, does not show markers very well like a bright white background does

Also I have found that 3M Vinyl/PVC tape works very very well too and is about half the price of gaffer tape. its basically just like really wide electrical tape. Last for hundreds of dives on BO tanks and does not leave sticky residue behind also is a nice smoother surface to write on. I use it a lot to write dive plans on and stick it on my DPV or just tape around my Petrel cable

Were these gases chosen out of an abundance of concern for Isobaric Counter Diffusion? I'm not an OC trimix diver but there seems to very conservative FN2 increases (early in the ascent) for each reductions in FHe at switches?

<edit>
or thinking about it I guess just an abundance of concern about the $$$ expelled in helium. The dive would be so much easier on the rEvo?

Were these gases chosen out of an abundance of concern for Isobaric Counter Diffusion? I'm not an OC trimix diver but there seems to very conservative FN2 increases (early in the ascent) for each reductions in FHe at switches?

<edit>
or thinking about it I guess just an abundance of concern about the $$$ expelled in helium. The dive would be so much easier on the rEvo?
which dive profile are you talking about? Can you add the quote? when these threads get this long it is very helpful when you add the quotes in and the new version of the forum software has the "reply" button which automatically adds that quote in for you which is convenient.
Assuming you are talking about the OP, yes it would be much easier on a rebreather

which dive profile are you talking about? Can you add the quote? when these threads get this long it is very helpful when you add the quotes in and the new version of the forum software has the "reply" button which automatically adds that quote in for you which is convenient.
Assuming you are talking about the OP, yes it would be much easier on a rebreather
I was talking about Stuart's original dive profile, Seem like maybe they used that gas selection in order to make certain not to have a great increase in FN2% but as I said have no experience in OC at those depths,
1639748965925.png

I was talking about Stuart's original dive profile, Seem like maybe they used that gas selection in order to make certain not to have a great increase in FN2% but as I said have no experience in OC at those depths,
View attachment 696037
Should add the gas density to that chart

View attachment 696037

They were chosen on the basis of "that's what my instructor told me to bring." :)

Those gases are not what I would choose now. That said, I would not choose to do any dive past 200' on open circuit again in the future.

They were chosen on the basis of "that's what my instructor told me to bring." :)

Those gases are not what I would choose now. That said, I would not choose to do any dive past 200' on open circuit again in the future.
Call it a bailout 👍

Back
Top Bottom