Trim issues - Rolling over bp/w + heavy tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am confused, I never heard of a 15 liter Aluminum tank. 15 l tanks are usually steel. Does it have a rounded bottom inside the boot or flat? If it is rounded, then it is steel. Flat would be Aluminum.

Or a magnet just sayin'

OP
Is it possible the STA isn't tight against the BP? The wingnuts are too loose, not tighten enough?

I had that happen too me one time it does flop around like that.

Of a magnet just sayin'

Is it possible the STA isn't tight against the BP? The wingnuts are too loose, not tighten enough?

I had that happen too me one time it does flop around like that.

The wingnuts do come loose on me, I have to re-tighten them every few dives. I know about the lock washers but still need to get a couple marine grade.

The wingnuts do come loose on me, I have to re-tighten them every few dives. I know about the lock washers but still need to get a couple marine grade.

Well that could be your problem. Confirm pre-dive they are tight until you get the SS lockwashers.

I push down hard on the BP to take up the "slack" as I tighten the wing nuts. Using a lever on the wing nut for the final tightening helps to get it tight.

Well that could be your problem. Confirm pre-dive they are tight until you get the SS lockwashers.

I push down hard on the BP to take up the "slack" as I tighten the wing nuts. Using a lever on the wing nut for the final tightening helps to get it tight.

Replace the wing nuts with hex nuts and use a socket or end wrench to tighten. You’ll never have a problem again.

Replace the wing nuts with hex nuts and use a socket or end wrench to tighten. You’ll never have a problem again.

Add little red loctite too! Or 2 nuts the second a nylock nut. How high is up anyway? :)

I'm constantly mounting, removing and remounting STAs DTAs, wing nuts for me are the way to go.
Once I discovered it was a problem I just made sure they are tight pre-dive, part of my routine check.

More practice is all you need

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom