Trim issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a reason you want to do a "booda hovering"? Normally that is not a good trim to have, as it would normally mean you are feat heavy.

I get into that position sometimes at the end of a dive doing my safety stop but I also do it on fast drift dives. I am not feet heavy I can switch from horizontal to vertical and back easily. It's also comfortable way to look at a reef wall on a drift dive when I stay 15m away from the wall I can easily see up and down in comfort.

Perhaps the OP should take off one of the weights on the tank and move it to the front.

Why would you want to do such a thing?
Why shouldn't a diver want to do it? I do as do many instructors and DM's I dive with. We use whatever position we want to be in. It's called fun diving after all. Read page one of this thread and you will see why an instructor changed his opinion on " perfect trim"

There's a difference between changing your position to take a picture or rest your sore neck and actually moving weights around in order to keep yourself vertical in the water.

moving weights around in order to keep yourself vertical in the water.
Moving a weight from back to front at the same height does not impact horizontal trim. There may be a slight impact due to discrete mounting points, but repositioning may even help in that regard. (I don't think we know whether they can or cannot hold horizontal right now, do we?)

In other words, just because one can hover feet-down doesn't necessarily mean they are feet-heavy.

There's a difference between changing your position to take a picture or rest your sore neck and actually moving weights around in order to keep yourself vertical in the water.

I am weighted so I can switch from horizontal to vertical and back. The OP wants to do the same he just tilts too far back when trying to hover. Moving some weight would allow the diver to be able to do both. A diver should be able to be in any position comfortably on a dive.

Hello I am AOWD with 90 dives 😅 I am seeking your tips,as I use xdeep zen with a half 3 mm suit and 4 kg of lead 2 kg in two front pocket and 2 kg in 2 pockets on the tank, one on the top strap and one at the bottom strap.
Every time I trayed booda hovering or vertical hovering postion I tend to lean backwards on my back, so any tips to improve my trim😅

Many thanks
Maybe you need more ballast? If I understand you correctly you are turtling, yes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom