Trident LP21 lub. large container has consistency of cottage cheese.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently bought a large container of Trident lub. that I use on my underwater camera O ring and my scooter. Both leaked a little, and I noticed the lub. is chunky and looks like cottage cheese. The small container I have looks normal and has the consistency closer to Vaseline. My dive shop says this is normal; we even looked at a new jar of it. I don't think this is right. Any ideas?

Silicone emulsion is slightly water soluble, which is one reason it needs to be cleaned off and replaced periodically on items such as camera o-rings. It may be that your tub of lube has too much water content which is causing it to clump up. I would discard it and get a new tub of lube. And don't buy the one at the shop you looked at.

Here's the data sheet for this product. You'll see that in regard to consistency, it's supposed to look like "grease" not like cottage cheese.
http://www.tridentdive.com/aalp20.pdf.

I thought so! By the way, for some reason, the trident PDF link does not work properly, and I also tried it at their site.

I thought so! By the way, for some reason, the trident PDF link does not work properly, and I also tried it at their site.
I had a similar problem, but when I download the pdf to my computer, it then opens fine. go figure
ymmv

I got the download to work OK. By the way, I did e-mail Trident directly, but have received no reply. I was thinking maybe the shop got a bad batch, or it's sat around too long, I really don't know.

Here is Trident's reply; [FONT=arial,helvetica]All of our product is the highest quality food grade silicone. I am not sure what you have in your container of if it is our silicone inside. I have never heard of any issue with the product.

If you like. Send it in to me to check out. Something doesn't sound right.
tom
Trident Diving Equipment
9616 Owensmouth Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
www.tridentdive.com
I took the cobtainer back to the dive shop, and after I explained what Trident said, they exchanged the large container for some smaller ones. They are going to send in the larger container; as I said before, their stock looks the same.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom