Trident Dive Float/Dive Flag Assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

though13

UUUUUHHHHHHH
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello!

Maybe some common sense things just don't come that easily to me, or maybe this was actually a confusing setup... in any case, I recently ordered a Trident Dive Float/Dive Flag and was very confused on how to assemble it (since it did not come with any sort of instructions). I tried finding info online to no avail, so I thought I would post how I finally got it done in case this is ever useful to someone else.

To be clear, this is the Trident Dive Float that has a weight at the bottom, a Styrofoam ball in the middle, and a [red/white] dive flag at the top.

The item arrived to me as a white pole with a weight already attached to the bottom, one black rubber 'stopper' on the pole located at the top of the bottom third of the pole, an additional stopper (unattached), a Styrofoam ball (unattached), the dive flag (unattached), and a small, plastic, white-ish clip on the pole at the top. The assembly steps I took, which I believe to be correct, are below.

1. Take the small, white, plastic clip off of the pole (just slide it up and off).
2. Place the Styrofoam ball onto the pole so that the ball rests on the first stopper.
3. Slide the pole through the second stopper, and slide down to the top of the ball so the ball stays in place. This step was very difficult at first, as the hole on the stopper is extraordinarily small. I found that using dish soap both inside the stopper as well as along the entire pole made it much more manageable.
4. Slide the flag onto the top of the pole as far as you reasonably can (mine only goes so far as the very top is sewn shut, though I believe earlier models may have been left open).
5. Clip the flag in place by snapping the small white clip over the bottom of the flag onto the pole.
6. Affix whatever line/reel/spool you want to the weight at the bottom of the pole and go diving!

Hopefully this helps the rest of the assembly-challenged world, no matter how small that population might be! :)

I realize this is a really old post but thank you to the author. I just bought this model and could not figure out how to make the flag stay up on the pole. Thanks for the instructions.

Thanks for this post, you got me out of the same jam today. Rather than wrestle with the pole I lubed up a 1/4" hex key, slid the rubber stopper onto that, sat that atop the pole and slid it right down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom