tricare....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For you military recreational divers...or I guess more towards the dependents.... Do ya'll know if Tricare covers diving emergancies, chamber time, ext.? Or should I get DAN?

Dude that is a no brainer. Tricare doesnt cover the stuff it says it is suppose to cover. When was the last time you called them????? On hold for like hours.

Get DAN and live.

rich

True....true....3 weeks for referal to a navy hospital...

I just read in today's paper that Tricare's computer system was hacked and they're worried that confidential info for thousands of accounts was compromised.

My husband is in one of the most deployed national guard units in the nation. Switching between commercial insurance and Tricare is a pain. Soldiers and their families are really getting hosed when they go from reserve to active to reserve status -- sometimes numerous times in a few years.

yeah, I've been a spouse of active duty for nearly 3 years...still don't understand it.

No hesitation. Get DAN.. even with my insurance, which I'm pretty sure would cover it, I have it. There awesome when it comes to questions, and why take the chance? For the cost per year, sometimes its just better to be double covered!

:) K

You might want to check with Tricare and DAN. My wife and I had an issue with who was exactly supposed to be the primary insurance and the secondary. (Not DAN---Blue Cross)

Also for being a Navy wife to find out more about the programs and what you rate check with the Ombudsman and get enrolled in LINKS. You will learn a lot.

For dependents get DAN to cover the evac as well as the chamber ride as far more people understand DAN OCONUS than TRICARE. If you are military and on legit leave/pass you will be covered.

This is a really old thread but I was doing research because I had the same question. Tricare DOES cover hyperbaric chamber treatment.

Is It Covered? - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy | TRICARE

I will admit though, that I have to agree with Black Jack above--most people understand DAN. I guess the only thing to consider is this would talking about reimbursing whoever treated the patient for decompression sickness so it would be a battle for TRICARE to fight maybe. I haven't called TRICARE directly with specific questions...mostly because I don't want to be on hold for the rest of my life....

Back
Top Bottom