Triangle rings vs D-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As our kids have grown and moved on to universities, the trampoline that has weathered many a storm as the centerpiece of our back yard has recently been dismantled (to the sadness of our german shepherds who love wrestling on it).

The tarpaulin has triangular shaped rings sewn in that the springs connected to.

Has anyone used triangle shaped rings instead of D shaped rings? if so, how well/poor did they work?

I was thinking of cutting the rings free from the tarpaulin . If anyone is interested in any let me know.

-Z

I use them. They are not as friendly when clipping to them blind.

YMMV

I haven't tried triangle rings.... but that is a brilliant up-cycle / re-use! If you need to get rid of some, I would happily take free hardware..... I mean help beta test the idea.... yeah..... beta test! lol

Respectfully,

James

I haven't tried triangle rings.... but that is a brilliant up-cycle / re-use! If you need to get rid of some, I would happily take free hardware..... I mean help beta test the idea.... yeah..... beta test! lol

Respectfully,

James

I would be glad to send you some. Contact me by PM with your mailing address.

-Z

I tested the triangles with a magnet today to see if they were stainless or not. Sadly they are not.

I am surprised that they are not rusted given the weather we have here most of the year in Belgium and how many years the trampoline has been setup in the backyard.

-Z

I tested the triangles with a magnet today to see if they were stainless or not. Sadly they are not.

I am surprised that they are not rusted given the weather we have here most of the year in Belgium and how many years the trampoline has been setup in the backyard.

-Z
Some stainless is magnetic.

Some stainless is magnetic, try grinding part way through one, dip it some salt and set it out for a few hours to see if it rusts.

Very handy for clipping sidemount tanks but more than a single clip would start to bunch up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom