Travis 2/13 - WP and Mansfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
The road into Windy Point was gated and locked this morning, prohibiting access to the parking lot at the point.

The ranger at Mansfield did not know any reasons for the restricted access.

Conditions at the dam were unchanged from previous visits. 54F, 2+' vis to 110'.

And to the classy folk who left the mountain of freshly discarded cans, bottles, paper bags, plastic bags, cigarette butts, bait containers, and the soiled diaper on the metal stairs, a hearty 'thank you.' We all appreciate your efforts for improving the park's visual aesthetics and welcome any opportunity to clean up after your lazy, thoughtless *****e$...

cyklon_300:
And to the classy folk who left the mountain of freshly discarded cans, bottles, paper bags, plastic bags, cigarette butts, bait containers, and the soiled diaper on the metal stairs, a hearty 'thank you.' We all appreciate your efforts for improving the park's visual aesthetics and welcome any opportunity to clean up after your lazy, thoughtless *****e$...

My daughter had moved to the DFW area, after marrying, 5 years ago. She was raised to know her own mind, but one day she went over the edge a bit while sitting in her car at a red light. She watched in horror as the woman in the car next to her rolled down her window and proceeded to drop the nasty contents of her car ashtray into the street, mostly cigarette butts. My daughter rolled down her window, and started screaming at the woman, asking her what in the world she was thinking, throwing her trash out like that. Evidently she just startled the litterbug, who quickly rolled up the window and escaped when the light turned green. As a mother, of course, I was thinking about all the people who might have just pulled out a gun and blew her away for freaking out. But, maybe she'll think next time. Or at least make sure there's no other cars around. ;o)

Foo

Gregg thanks for the update.

PM me about how your intro class went.

Dave

cyklon_300:
Yes, the soiled diaper was definitely over the top. :wink:

skeet:
Sorry to hear they trashed the place, sounds like it needs a little more Ranger patrolling.

what we need is fewer cretins in the world, not more police...

I will definitely confront someone intentionally defiling a public park, especially one that is frequently used by me and my friends. They might be unfortunate enough to have a steel 130 dropped on their foot or have some other mysterious 'accident'...

Ok so was Windy Point closed? They advertise 365 days a year open on the website. I wonder if everything is ok?

Debraw:
Ok so was Windy Point closed? They advertise 365 days a year open on the website. I wonder if everything is ok?

The Park Rangers were probably out late the night before and were hung over and overslept. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom