Traveling with scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are sitting here waiting for our plane to board for our trip to West Palm and I am bored. So I thought I would share my experience. We always seem to over pack, so I decided this time I was going to wear my bc to save space. Other than a few people (mainly my 3 teen kids) looking at me funny, no problems at security check point or in the airport so far. Going to board shortly and will see what the flight stewards say.

Attachments

• 20210313_182414.jpg
    20210313_182414.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 170
Rock it like a super model.

Pack and then take out half your stuff. You'll be fine. If you wear the same pair of jeans for a week at home, why bring 3 pairs of pants on a dive trip?

Safe travels. It's good to get away.

Rock it like a super model.

Pack and then take out half your stuff. You'll be fine. If you wear the same pair of jeans for a week at home, why bring 3 pairs of pants on a dive trip?

Safe travels. It's good to get away.
We really travel pretty light with everyone only bringing a small bag. I am too cheap to pay for luggage.

We really travel pretty light with everyone only bringing a small bag. I am too cheap to pay for luggage.
Too SMART to pay for luggage.
Good on you.
Enjoy the vacation.

is it april 1st ?

The one time I traveled with dive gear I didn't have baggage fees.

BPW, regs, mask, fins, computer and boots went in carry-on. Clothes and wetsuit into checked.

The carry-on was a little heavy (stainless plate) it got searched and I was told a little heavy. I just said it's life support it stays with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom