Traveling with a dive knife to Turks and Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Never had my own dive knife but recently added one to my kit. I'll be making a trip by air to T&C and was curious about traveling with it (in checked baggage of course). I've ready some bad stories about wrenches being confiscated departing Mexico, so wasn't sure if this is something I should just leave behind or if I should be ok to bring?

Been to Turks 13 time and never had a problem. Always in check bag and a blade only 3 inches long

In my opinion, everyone should have an Easy Cut Trilobite...or two..... attached to their BP/W or BC. Mine are attached to my BC so they go into checked bags...... and never an issue. I think they would even make it onto a carry-on since they are basically no more dangerous than a disposable razor as a weapon.

Agreed...def bring it. You never know when you might need it. I was there a couple years ago diving at Boat Cove on West Caicos and ran into this guy tangled up in a bunch of fishing gear and caught on the wall at about 105'. Was able to cut him loose and bring up a bunch of old fishing junk that was cluttering up the reef. I don't think I could have gotten him loose without a cutting device.

Attachments

• turt.JPG
    turt.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 35
Agreed...def bring it. You never know when you might need it. I was there a couple years ago diving at Boat Cove on West Caicos and ran into this guy tangled up in a bunch of fishing gear and caught on the wall at about 105'. Was able to cut him loose and bring up a bunch of old fishing junk that was cluttering up the reef. I don't think I could have gotten him loose without a cutting device.
Oh wow, that's a great story! Yeah, I've kinda only thought about it from the perspective of my and my buddies' protection but would hate to see something like that and not be able to help.

In my opinion, everyone should have an Easy Cut Trilobite...or two..... attached to their BP/W or BC. Mine are attached to my BC so they go into checked bags...... and never an issue. I think they would even make it onto a carry-on since they are basically no more dangerous than a disposable razor as a weapon.
Yep, I'm planning on getting one as backup for the knife. I'm just confused about mounting options.

Yep, I'm planning on getting one as backup for the knife. I'm just confused about mounting options.
Wherever you put it, make sure it is accessible by both hands. Chest strap, for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom