travel/transport camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loeth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have recently gotten a new camera setup and have been looking at some dryboxes and bags to transport it in but im not that knowledgeable, so if anyone have some experience or tips to a good/bad bag/box i would appreciate it.
have been looking at pelican 1500/1600
if it helps my setup is nauticam rx100 + flexiarm left&right handle, loc-line arm and a sola 2000 s/f, Inon uwl h100 28m67 + dome
thanks

I have the same camera, housing, tray, and WA setup as you've got. I use a Mountainsmith Borealis AT backpack. Camera, housing, and WA + Dome go in the bottom area with the padded dividers. There's not enough space for my strobes down there, though, which I am not too concerned about. I picked up two cheap padded camera cases, put one strobe in each, and they go side by side in the top pocket along with other stuff like my dive computer. I think some of the options from ThinkTank are probably better, but I had this already and it works.

I put the arms, clamps, tray and handles in my checked luggage.

I carry camera, housing, strobes, tray and arms in a pelican case. It has hit the floor more than once without damage. Well worth the price.

The Tamrac backpacks are nice. I use a 3385 and fit my entire E-PL1, 2ea YS-90, BIG Blue focus light, trays, arms, etc. rig- plus batt's, charger, laptop, and more in it. When fully loaded it's quite heavy, and barely fits in some overheads, but I tend to push it a bit.
The Thinktank products are really nice, but pretty spendy and not so easy to find on sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom