Travel to the Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

packfan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for a place to trave to in the carribean. I have treaveled to cozumel in the past and really enjoyed it, now I would like to try somewhere else. I would like to stay at an all-inclusive resort that has good food, I would like to have calm waters with excellent diving, and I would like to it to be relatively inexpensive. Any ideas?

Geeze...you dont want much!!!

There are two places I would recommend. Bonaire and Barbados. The first has the best diving but little to do above the water. The second has decent diving and lots to do above the water. The first has tons of shore dives to keep the costs down, and the second has a couple of shore dives with the majority being boat dives.

Of the two, Barbados is my fav. Although, I will be in Bonaire from 19 to 26 Sept if you care to come diving.

I never do all inclusives, so no good answers for you there.

Hi,
I am looking for a place to trave to in the carribean. I have treaveled to cozumel in the past and really enjoyed it, now I would like to try somewhere else. I would like to stay at an all-inclusive resort that has good food, I would like to have calm waters with excellent diving, and I would like to it to be relatively inexpensive. Any ideas?

no place is as cheap as Cozumel, but lots of places are BETTER. Best place I have found that meets your above stated wishes.... Welcome to CoCo View Resort
Not cheap, but when you add up the unlimited diving and all food, it works out to be a much better deal than Cozumel!

i was going to suggest CoCo View in Roatan as well

relatively cheap, excellent 24/7 diving if you want it, all inclusive, and neat people

I'm kinda in the same boat. Been to Cozumel (twice), Belize and had a wonderful time in Bonaire last Christmas. I was planning to go back to Bonaire again, but the urge to go someplace new is strong and tempting, so any recommendations are most welcome.

edit. Roatan sounds like a possibility, but I had a bad experience in Belize with sand flies. I don't know if Roatan is any different.

Last edited:
Sand flies in Roatan are present. They didn't bother me but I'm not usually bug sensitive. Its hard to beat Cozumel for the bargain. I've been all over the Caribbean and still can't beat the deals in Mexico so if your budget is limited you may end up back in Mexico. If budget is less of a concern and you want to try something new then the best diving I've experienced is either Little Cayman or Turks & Caicos. Either one has world class wall diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom