Travel Insurance that covers for cancellation due to positive COVID test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a travel insurance that covers for trip cancellation due to positive COVID test? I'm looking at booking a trip on the Juliet in August, and Cozumel in October. For the Juliet, we need to have a negative test prior to arriving on the Juliet in Miami. The Bahamas requires the test, even though we will not be going ashore but I guess b/c in Bahamas waters.

I'm having a hard time finding a policy that allows you to cancel for this reason. Possibly a "cancel for any reason" insurance? I see lots of coverage for testing positive at the destination and unable to return, but don't see anything for testing positive prior to the trip.

My husband and I will both be vaccinated by this time, but we can still test positive so I want to be sure I have adequate coverage.

I always seem to purchase way too much insurance and can never seem to find the Goldilocks of "just enough" lol. Maybe this should be posted in another forum, but everyone here has been so helpful with everything else. Thank you!

One of the filters on the Insure My Trip or Squaremouth websites (can’t remember which) lets you select that as an option for filtering.

Everyone is doing it now.

Possibly a "cancel for any reason" insurance?
I never thought much of that extra cost option. If I buy a $5k plane ticket, then change my mind, I doubt that they're going to pay me $75% of that.

You do have to comb the fine print, and provisions will vary by state of residence and its laws. I usually book with Travel Safe, but their travel delay coverage maxes at $750.

I am sure no airline will take you on board if test positive.
'Cancel for any reason" is your best chance but as suggested: Read the small print.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom