Travel insurance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... if you booked using visa it will be pretty open/shut for a chargeback if they don’t expressly have covid in the terms and conditions for a reason to deny refund..

May concern with insurance is that, if the flight was cancelled prior to the injury. I suspect the insurance company will use that as a reason to deny. So in this instance you may find yourself having to ‘garnish the truth’ ...ergo i would argue that the chargeback is the ‘ethical’ option, especially as you may find the airline contacting you and offering a refund as opposed to having to cover the extra cost associated with chargeback....as soon as they receive notification of intent to chargeback from visa etc.

Almost, they have refused the right to refund
Refused a right? I guess that you mean refused to refund, which I don't think that they can. It might have been the wording of whatever message they sent that intended to cause confusion as a bluff, but in the free world - whichever country, if they sold you a service then canceled delivery, they must be required to refund.

Except, it depends on the contracts, with both the airline and the insurance company. You can use a personal computer (not a phone I don't think), to run a CTRL+F Search of those contracts for keywords like epidemic and pandemic and see if there are legal exclusions. If there are in the airline contract, then you need to elect new government representatives who will change that. Insurance companies might have more leeway to exclude those but I avoid those when buying.

.. if you booked using visa it will be pretty open/shut for a chargeback if they don’t expressly have covid in the terms and conditions for a reason to deny refund..
Have you filed a dispute with your credit card? If not, you're late, so do so - now. All charge cards have non-delivery safeguards, and disputes are your first line of defense.

Back
Top Bottom