Travel Dive Bag Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOOPS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:jump: The 2006 Edge Roller Backpack is being discontinued and the new 2007 bags are now in stock. So to make room we are blowing out the 2006 Edge Roller Backpack:cheerleader: Check out the 2006 Edge Roller Backpack at Divers Supply for only $84.95... That is a savings of over $100:shocked:

This extra tough large ballistic backpack roller bag is designed for the traveling diver and comes complete with retractable handle and hideaway shoulder straps.

Features:
  • Large mesh pocket in main compartment
  • Front pocket holds optional regulator bag
  • Dual extra large side pockets
  • Hide-away zipper closure for backpack straps
  • Padded front and back, Side cinch straps
  • Zipper opens the whole front for easy access
  • Non-corrosive components
  • Maximum anti-abrasion protection (corner piping, PVC covered bottom)

Yes, the side pockets are large enough that they should be able to hold just about any pair of fins.

Does this bag stand up vertically? It's the one complaint I have about most rolling dive bags. They tend to lean forward even when not fully loaded.

The roller bag is pretty impressive on being able to stand up when filled with dive goodies...

Look decent, but the dimensions exceed the linear dimensions allowed by Frontier and United by 2 inches. While it's only 2 inches, I'd like to avoid paying the extra $ to travel with it. Anyone have experience with this item? Would compression straps help reduce the size?

tmurray:
Look decent, but the dimensions exceed the linear dimensions allowed by Frontier and United by 2 inches. While it's only 2 inches, I'd like to avoid paying the extra $ to travel with it. Anyone have experience with this item? Would compression straps help reduce the size?

I've got the "oversized" and "overweight" bag problem solved.

Use the SKYCAPS at the curb to check your bag. They work on TIPS and aren't part of the airline. If the bag is declared by them as overweight, they have to send you inside to pay the extra fee and they loose their tip. How often do you think they are going to give up their tip? hardly ever.

I've had a few of them tell me that it was overweight and I've told them not to worry that I would take care of them. They just smile and load the bag. You just tip them a few extra bucks. Takes all the hassle out of it at the counter. Problem solved.

mike_s:
I've got the "oversized" and "overweight" bag problem solved.

Use the SKYCAPS at the curb to check your bag. They work on TIPS and aren't part of the airline. If the bag is declared by them as overweight, they have to send you inside to pay the extra fee and they loose their tip. How often do you think they are going to give up their tip? hardly ever.

I've had a few of them tell me that it was overweight and I've told them not to worry that I would take care of them. They just smile and load the bag. You just tip them a few extra bucks. Takes all the hassle out of it at the counter. Problem solved.

Good idea. Im guessing that most of the time it wouldn't be an issue when checking in at the counter, as long as I'm not pushing the weight restriction. Paying the skycap would make it easier all around.

Nice "tip" but what happens with multi-flights and connections where you are on several airlines and returning?

BTW, Very nice bag and thanks for the discount. Wish I was in the market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom