Travel case for gopro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mason Gierke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What is everyone using to carry there gopro rigs when flying? We have the gopro, case, lights, tray, filters, batteries and chargers. I was looking at a hard shell case with removable foam for custom packing.

Gopros are so incredibly sturdy that little protection is needed. I keep my cams, batteries, chargers, etc. in an old DSLR camera bag. I actually have a few of these to keep straight the accessories for each generation of GoPro that I use (e.g., 7 black, 5 session and 4 black). I keep the cameras in their housings to optimize space and prevent scratches on the lens and screen.

my daughter's sock

i reuse an old sealife case but an old reg bag, old top loading laptop bag, or even a soft cooler/lunchbag would work probably. just have to get the right shape and size to hold everything.

Go to Harbor Freight and get one of their knock-off Pelican cases.

Search Results For "Apache"

I have a Pelican case for mine. The only reason I’ve got that is it came with it (purchased used from a SB member).

You definitely don’t “need” a case like this though. It’s great for storage and to make sure that it doesn’t get damaged in transit, but I leave the case in the truck whenever I get go where I’m going.

I'm using a Hero 7 black with flip macro lens. Without the macro setup, I'd just trust it in the SuperSuit tossed in a bag. With the flip lens on there, I keep it in one of these bags to protect things

This is what I use. My tray goes into my reg case.
Protective Carrying Case by HSU for GoPro Hero(2018),Hero 7 Black,Hero 6,5,4, LCD, Black, Silver, 3+, 3, 2 and Accessories, Light and Medium Security Bag, Compact and Safe Action Camera Travel Storage
IMG_20200721_184815.jpg

I'm using a Hero 7 black with flip macro lens. Without the macro setup, I'd just trust it in the SuperSuit tossed in a bag. With the flip lens on there, I keep it in one of these bags to protect things
Yes that's what I use. I keep the camera in the underwater housing and put it in the neoprene pouch, but any sock will do to protect the optics from scratching. Hard case is not necessary and takes up space in luggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom