Travel and Excursion ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB125

Registered
Reaction score
We'll be landing at the Liberia airport May 1st and are considering a rental car. We need transport from the airport to the Grand Papagayo and maybe a few above ground excursions. Anyone with experience please respond! Also, where are some good places to eat or hang out outside the hotel? We want to get amongst the locals and stay away from the "tour-bus nightmare". We are also looking at Dive Ops and have looked at Richcoast. I believe the Grand has their own dive op but not sure. THANKS!

PB125,
outch!

In your last tread you wrote that you are going to the Occidental Allegro Papagayo.
Allegro Papagayo, Costa Rica All Inclusive Resort Vacation

The Occidental Grand Papagayo ist another Hotel, still on the Gulf of Papagayo and near Playa Panama / Playas del Coco.
Allegro Papagayo, Costa Rica All Inclusive Resort Vacation

The Allegro Papagayo is another half an hour away on the end of the Gulf of Papagayo in the middle of nowhere.
The nearest locations to eat or go out are Playa Panama or Playas del Coco, but at least a half hour by car.

Chris

We are staying at the GRAND Papagayo. It's different that the Allegro Papagayo. Thirty minutes drive is no problem. We are going to explore.... I am glad you responded because we are looking for dive ops. We would like to dive about three days (two tank dives) and maybe a night dive. Would you contact me by private message and discuss our options? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom