Transport from Airport: Private or shared?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have read the cozumel arrival thread but didn't find the info I was looking for.
We are a family of 4 (2 divers) arriving on May 15. We will have 3 large duffles and a couple of carry ons with us. So walking out to get a cab is not an option for us. We are staying at a Palmar condo (VRBO)

We can take the shared van but with the covid situation, I am concerned about sharing close space with others.

Is there an option for a private van transfer? What would it cost?

(PS: we are also renting a car from Isis. But still need to reach the rental place)

Considering that you just got off of a plane sharing close space with 100 other people for the last couple of hours, then waited 45 minutes to go through C&I, is sharing the space in the van with the same people really a concern?

Considering that you just got off of a plane sharing close space with 100 other people for the last couple of hours, then waited 45 minutes to go through C&I, is sharing the space in the van with the same people really a concern?

Valid Point but a van is a much smaller enclosed space compared to an airplane (where air is filtered and circulated).

In any case, I would still like to explore private van option.
Any ideas on the cost ?

FB_IMG_1616615058078.jpg

Flex shuttle offers private service. Here is their prices.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1616615058078.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616615058078.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 65
If it was me I'd take a private van to my condo, drop off the family and luggage, then cab it back to ISIS while the wife unpacks and maybe takes the kids to the pool. Then you can stop at Mega to stock up on things on the way back.

I have read the cozumel arrival thread but didn't find the info I was looking for.
We are a family of 4 (2 divers) arriving on May 15. We will have 3 large duffles and a couple of carry ons with us. So walking out to get a cab is not an option for us. We are staying at a Palmar condo (VRBO)

We can take the shared van but with the covid situation, I am concerned about sharing close space with others.

Is there an option for a private van transfer? What would it cost?

(PS: we are also renting a car from Isis. But still need to reach the rental place)

Hi vimaldude ! Thanks for a very good question and a topic that is not covered in the “Arriving” sticky. I will keep this in mind as I hopefully can update the information after my April visit.
Best Regards and Happy Diving !!! Double S

I've got a family of five, headed down in may, we are staying at El Cantil condos and trying to figure out if it's worth the premium to pay for private. The only way it makes sense to me is if they would highjack us on the communal shuttle and drop us off last on the way back instead of on the way out? Anybody know what is typical?

Private - mostly because it’s faster.

I've got a family of five, headed down in may, we are staying at El Cantil condos and trying to figure out if it's worth the premium to pay for private. The only way it makes sense to me is if they would highjack us on the communal shuttle and drop us off last on the way back instead of on the way out? Anybody know what is typical?

For a family of 5, it would make sense to get the communal van. The vans take about 6-7 people so chances are you will most likely get the van to yourself. Also, El Cantil is not that far off from the airport (10 mins max if there are no other stops).

Difference in price for 5 people will be about $ 30/- between private and communal.

So do you prearrange the transfer with flex shuttle or just hell them when you arrive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom